Friday, July 24, 2009

Page 104 Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cups

"These single-serving delights are a staff favorite - not only because they are delectable, but also since they are easy to prepare instead of a cookie-crumb crust, a whole sandwich cookie serves as the base for each cheesecake. In addition, chopped cookies are mixed into the filling." - Martha

I let my boys pick out this recipe, hoping they would then also eat them up so I wouldn't have to! ha-ha. Of course, when they agreed on Cookies and Cream, I was delighted because I knew I had recently purchased Oreos and at the very least I KNEW I had that ingredient in my pantry!
Upon gathering the rest of the items I needed, ie., cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and sugar, I found out that I had the eggs and sour cream but only had 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 block of cream cheese with a partial container of spreadable cream cheese along with a mostly-eaten package of Oreos! Oh brothers! Oh brothers! Oh brothers!

So my experimentation for this recipe is that I decided to make a half-recipe (that's 15 instead of 30 cups) and I combined the cream cheeses to make the 1 lb. required and I used sugar mixed with Splenda for the total of the sugar needed. Luckily I had most of the Oreos I'd need but with the few cups that would be "cookie-less" at the bottom, I used good ol' Girl Scout Thin Mints in place of the sandwich cream cookie.

Both versions of my cheesecake cups turned out delicious! But I happen to think that if I had enough of the Thin Mints, I would next time crush those into the batter and use them at the base of the cup, maybe even add a little green food coloring to make a "Grasshopper Cheesecake Cups!

1 comment:

  1. Everybody loved these...gobbled 'em up fast!

    ReplyDelete