Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Page 107 - Pistachio Raspberry Teacakes

"These brightly colored cupcakes are very simple to make - a food processor handles all the mixing. You'll find slivered pistachios at specialty stores or on-line retailers; you may substitute chopped pistachios instead." Martha

I decided to substitute pecans for the green nuts. Why? #1 - I love pistachios, but my boys don't. #2 - I didn't happen to have any at the time in my pantry. #3 - I do know pistachios happen to be available at my local Kroger Grocery store, but it seemed much simpler at the time to use what I had.

Since I was now using pecans, I also subbed out 1/2 of the granulated sugar for brown sugar believeing that it would coordinate with the pecans so nicely. I packed my brown sugar as usual. Instead of the raspberries (I didn't think they would go with the brown sugar) I simply adorned the cakes with pecan halves after icing. I iced them with her Caramel Buttercream Frosting on page 307.

This recipe worked out just as easy; my muffins baked at the same temperature and length of time as Martha's.

I called mine Caramel Pecan Teacakes!

1 comment: