Saturday, October 31, 2009

Page 228 Creepcakes


"For Halloween, create silly and scary-looking faces with buttercream, candy, marshmallows, and, of course, cupcakes. Decorating the cakes is a great activity for kids and parents to do together. Set out cupcakes and bowls of colored frostings and assorted candies and leet everyone create his or her own aliens, monsters, and beasts." - Martha

These treats were fun for everyone to make; I baked some Devil's Food Cupcakes for these funny friends. It seemed appropriate. I wish I would have found some string licorice in the grocery store but I guess I was shopping too fast and too late. I used some Mike and Ikes', Good 'n Plentys, Candy Corn, Red Hots, a Fruit Roll-up, mini marshamllows, and buttercream frosting and melted chocolate in decorating parchment triangles. It was easy to do and quite challenging too; once you made one monster, it wouldn't be right to make another with the same look! Happy halloweenie!

No comments:

Post a Comment