Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Page 67 Coconut-Pecan Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

"The batter for these candy-bar-like cupcakes is laden with ground sweetened coconut and pecans; to further enhance their appeal, the cupcakes are dipped in a bittersweet chocolate glaze, then sprinkled with toasted coconut flakes. Creamed coconut, usually sold in jars at natural food stores or online, differs from "cream of coconut," which has added sugar and is typically used in cocktails. If you can not locate creamed coconut, you can use another quarter cup of butter in its place." - Martha

I loved making these cupakes best so far! They are a very rich treat and should be devourved...slowly! As much as I love ganache, the cake itself was so appealing to my pallette, I did feel as though I had invented a candy bar. The cupcakes is a creamy colored cake with ground pecans and coconut in it. The coconut milk definitely makes the cake's texture fluffy and moist. I didn't have the coconut butter so I did what she suggests and I added an extra bit of butter. Rich, rich ,rich! Save these for a special occassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment