Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Page 95 Cookie Cupcakes

"Inspired by everyone's favorite cookies, these (packable) cupcakes were created with bake sales in mind. Chocolate Chunk cookies are transformed into golden brown cupcakes..." - Martha
Right off the bat, I took this recipe and gave it a twist because I had aleady made her chocolate chip cupcakes and I thought this would be similar to that recipe. As I found out it was a different texture of a cake, though. Packable, indeed. These are dense and the fact that you shouldn't fill them as high in the cup, helps with the travel aspect.
I call these my "Heath Bar Cupcakes." In lieu of the chocolate chunks, I added Heath bar chips to the batter and then I also sprinkled the tops with Heath bar chips. I chose to add a swirl of deep chocolate ganache to frost so that true 'chocolate-toffee' taste would reign. They looked so good that I couldn't resist before I took the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment