Friday, August 14, 2009

Page 100 Blondie Cupcakes

"For those who like their baked goods chunky and nutty, these cupcakes, inspired by the popular bar cookies, are nearly bursting with cashews, butterscotch chips, and toffee bits. If you can't find toffee bits, chop a small chocolate covered toffee bar, such as Skor or Heath, to use instead." - Martha

I actually like Blonde Brownies more than I do a Chocolate brownie! I love chocolate, but the richness of the toffee and/or caramel flavor is so good in a blonde brownie; it remains much longer on the pallette, hence I enjoy it more. These cupcakes don't dissappoint. They are rich and fulfilling when it comes to the candy crunchy tops and the fluffy cake surround.

This recipe calls for butterscotch chips and cashews. I didn't have either so I substituted white chips and pecans instead. The white chocolate chips rather than standing on their own, actually soak-up the flavor of the toffee chips and batter that it's very similar to what a butterscotch chip would have been in the cake. The pecans are the perfect nut...I'm fromTexas! The toffee chips give the cake it's candied-top texture and the flavor throughout the batter.

The best part of this cupcake is definitely the top! If I make them again, I'll make them in my muffin-top only pan insteaad of in a paper liner. Best tasting topper ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment