Thursday, August 27, 2009

Page 63 Streusel Cupcakes

"All the features of a traditional coffee cake -- tender cake base, crumbly streusel top, and simple milk and sugar glaze -- are packed into portable single-size portions. Try serving them for brunch or as an after-school snack." - Martha

OMG! These are so yummy! My kiddos and family devoured them so quickly; I almost didn't get a picture of them! Have you ever just thought that sometimes the coffee cake you are eating is a bit dry? But the streusel on top makes it taste all the better; so you eat the tops off and then what's left is the somewhat dry cake? Well, that's what I usually think (perhaps its just that I really like the streusel topping with the glaze on it.) But I must tell you that these cupcakes are so fluffy and tasty that you will never think about dry streusel cakes again!

I made muffin tops for this recipe but I also made one full-sized cupcake just to be sure of my findings. Not only are the shallow streusel-topped cupcakes superb but the full-cupped cake is just as pleasant to munch as well. These would be perfect for a brunch, a PTA meeting or even if you are hosting an at-home sales party. Easy to make, easy to store, VERY easy to eat!

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely one of the great recipes from the book. It was our bake for last week and I simply loved it! Good to know that they are other bakers who are diligently baking from Martha's Cupcakes book!

    ReplyDelete