Monday, August 31, 2009

Page 146 Strawberry Cupcakes

"Chopped fresh strawberries are folded into the cupcake batter, and thin slices are added as garnish for a pretty-in-pink treat. Strawberry Buttercream (Made with jam) ups the fruit-flavor ante, but sweetened whipped cream is an easy and delicious alternative." - Martha

These are certainly pretty-in-pink cupcakes. In fact, the photo in martha's book attracted me to making them before I even read the recipe. Mind you, my photos never look the same as hers, but I think I do a pretty-good job!

These are cupcakes, not muffins; I like to make that distinction when appropriate. Muffins are usually more dense and bread-like whereas a cupcake is airy, fluffy and a dream to eat. Strawberry cupcakes are heavenly for sure! I didn't use fresh berries, I had some frozen ones in the freezer (the boys like to make smoothies in the AM). So instead of chopping fresh into small tidbits, I used my large-hole cheese grater and accomplished the task that way. It was perfect. And as it turned out, I grated a bit much so I used what I had leftover to add to my Strawberry Buttercream Frosting and what great flavor it has! You can even see the bits of real strawberries in the icing...delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment