Thursday, August 13, 2009

Page 97 Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes

"Inspired by everyone's favorite cookies, these packable cupcakes were created with bake sales in mind. These Oatmeal Cupcakes made with oat bran are topped with crumbly oats and coconut. Try this recipe and bake a batch!" - Martha

There are three recipes in this series: the Chocolate Chip Cupcake, the Peanut Butter Cupcake and the one I chose, the Oatmeal Raisin Cupcake. (I omitted the raisins for the most part.) These taste just like eating a tender cookie; oh, so delicious! I halved the recipe...now this seems to be a habit...and I substituted margarine for the butter.
Since I didn't have any oat bran (I guess you get this in the cereal aisle by the oatmeal) so I instead I pulsed sone Raisin Bran cereal in the food processor. Seemed to work just fine and all I needed was a 1/3 of a cup anyway. So a few raisins DID get into the recipe because of that, however, not intentionally. I love raisins but my boys don't so much. Maybe I should have used golden raisins because then perhaps they wouldn't have seem them to pick the dried fruits out! I try to be sneaky when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment