Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Page 133 Jumbo Cream-filled Chocolate Cupcakes


"Store bought snack cakes can't compare to these homemade versions: dark chocolate cupcakes are filled with fluffy marshmallow cream, which is also used to pipe decorations on the tops. Take care not to overfill the hollowed-out cupcakes, or the cream may seep out." - Martha

Oh, wouldn't that be terrible! I'd love an overstuffed cupcake. Anywway, the next time you buy the Hostess brand, think of these homemade versions. They are as easy as "pie" to make and in less time than it takes to get to the store and back to buy the hydrogenated-oil-filled creations, you have some delicious, natural-ingredient wonderments! The taste is supreme and the texture is so much more fluffy than the dense snack treats. Don't get me wrong...I've had my fair share of the popular cupcake from way back when I took my lunch to school all the way through last month! But now I know the secret to the snowy white treasure waiting to succomb to my eager tastebuds...marshmallow cream whipped with a bit of butter. Heaven!

I did take my cupcakes to the next level by icing the tops with some chocolate ganache, letting it harden before I decorated the tops with the ever-so-famous white curly q's. And by the way, the recipe says it makes 12 jumbo cupcakes...I used what I think is an over-sized cupcake sheet pan, but even after I halved the recipe, I still made 12 over-sized cupcakes. They are each about 4" across the top. I can't imagine how jumbo, jumbo is supposed to be...I'll have to look for that pan someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment